The USC Caruso Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck is seeking an academic program administrator for our residency program. The duties of this position will include coordinating recruitment, tracking reports and facilitating residency activities, working with mentors to maintain an effective training program, complying with university and hospital policies and federal regulations and requirements. The administrator will work with faculty and mentors to design program content, policies and strategic plan, serve as active partner between mentors, fellows, and residents. The administrator will perform administrative duties in support of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program including but not limited to; helping to oversee and address needs of the fellows and residents, coordinating GME resident recruitment and selection, acting as a program liaison with internal/external contacts including potential candidates, faculty, GME office personnel medical students, administration, and other institutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will coordinate the administrative functions of a residency program and assist program director to ensure compliance with standards established by the ACGME and other relevant regulatory agencies, including the following:
- Demonstrates knowledge of ACGME requirements, Joint Commission rules and Department of Health (DOH) regulations regarding the GME program and helps assures adherence
- Prepares and maintains all documents associated with ACGME accreditation and assists Program Director and Department Chair as necessary with completion of documents
- Monitors and maintains all credentials for GME training (including resuscitation courses, annual fit testing, health assessments, etc.)
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in ACGME meetings, educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops
- Inputs and helps with data management for program including:
- Prepares and maintains all program Letters of Agreement
- Maintains vacation, sick leave, and attendance records for residents
- Maintains program records and files including resident files, memos, correspondence, M&M documents
- Develops and generates a variety of reports and materials for the GME program, including:
- Reports for the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC)
- Monthly, semi-annual, and annual evaluation reports (performance of residents, faculty, outside lecturers and the program)
- Collects and compiles information necessary for submission of all third-party reimbursement activities for direct and indirect medical education reimbursement
- Coordinates resident recruitment sessions for program and program marketing, including recruitment informational materials, website information and edits these materials with the Supervisor
- Coordinates all aspects of applicant interviews (invitation, scheduling the interview, paperwork, catering arrangements, room reservations, etc.)
- Responsible for arranging all meetings, conferences, interview sessions, faculty meetings, and other conferences and special events related to the residency program.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- 3+ years of equivalent experience in residency administration
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Ability to notify supervisor of problems or issues that require attention
- Superior communication, detail-oriented, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other software
- Working knowledge of QGenda, AMION, and other electronic resident evaluation systems (preferred)
- Working knowledge of ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service)
- Working knowledge of NRMP (National Resident Matching Program) and all deadlines
- Previous experience with medical or resident programs.
- USC or Academic Institution experience preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative guidelines, https://policy.usc.edu/admin/
The annual base salary range for this position is $76,018.76-$84,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated experience in residency administration, management/leadership roles, and building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders. Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, with exemplary attention to detail. Experience in higher education and/or customer service. Proven ability to plan, implement, and coordinate program logistics. Demonstrated database/data entry experience. Proven project management and problem solving skills, able to multi-task and handle multiple timelines, changing priorities, and fluctuating workloads. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, notify supervisor of problems or issues that require attention, and handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion. Superior organizational skills. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other software.
Apply on this job post