The Interactive Media & Games Division within USC’s School of Cinematic Arts is seeking an adjunct faculty member in the field of Interactive Media and Games with a specialty in game design.
We are looking for a working professional with experience designing and developing games in either the independent or AAA space. Our program is a vibrant and exciting community of designers, scholars and researchers, committed to the advancement of the digital arts, and it is situated within a larger school dedicated to the craft of storytelling and user experience from diverse perspectives.
The position will teach design and development courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level, with topics ranging from introductory game design to intermediate design and development.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Experience teaching or mentoring students in game design or development.
– 3+ years as a designer or developer working on video games, board games, or interactive media.
– Good communication skills, project planning, and professional rigor and ethics.
– Master’s Degree in Game Design or a related field.
– 7+ years as a designer or developer on video games, board games, or interactive media.
– Multiple shipped titles
– Experience teaching graduate and undergraduate classes in game design.
The core salary range for this position is $32- $38 per hour. This is an adjunct position.
When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post