The Interactive Media & Games Division within USC’s School of Cinematic Arts is seeking an adjunct faculty member in the field of Interactive Media and Games with a specialty in user interface design and development.
We are looking for a working professional with experience as an audio developer in either the independent or AAA video game space. Our program is a vibrant and exciting community of designers, scholars and researchers, committed to the advancement of the digital arts, and it is situated within a larger school dedicated to the craft of storytelling and user experience from diverse perspectives.
The position will teach user interface design courses at the undergraduate level, with a focus on interface fundamentals and user experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Experience teaching or mentoring students in user interface design.
– 3+ years as a UI designer or developer working on video games or interactive media.
– Good communication skills, project planning, and professional rigor and ethics.
– Master’s Degree in Game Design or a related field.
– 7+ years as a UI designer or developer working on video games or interactive media.
– Experience teaching graduate and undergraduate classes in user interface design.
The core salary range for this position is $32- $38 per hour. This is an adjunct position.
When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post