To provide and to assist with the coordination of daily operations for administrative functions of the Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy departments. To support the Director and Clinical Supervisors. The Secretary works closely with the Director and the Therapy Clinical Supervisors. Handles confidential information. Responsible for composition, typing, proofing, and appropriate disseminating of a variety of materials e.g. correspondence, memos, reports. Preparation of special meetings, agendas and minutes. Schedules meetings and appointments for the Director and supervisors. Prepares statistical reports. Handles incoming and outgoing telephone calls. Establishes and maintains courteous cooperative service-oriented relationships with patients, the public and other members of the healthcare team. Coordinates workload and supervises other secretaries as appropriate. Coordinates and integrates department services on intradepartmental, interdepartmental, and hospital wide levels. Plans for provision of services through provision of appropriate levels of qualified, competent staff. Policies and procedures are in place to support scope of practice. In the Outpatient therapy services, will provides scheduling coordination for Rehabilitation Services; completes patient intake, verifies insurance and authorization, and schedules appointments for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy; completes all necessary processes to ensure timely billing for services; maintains patient data base and works closely with the USCUH Business office; prepares patients records and maintains them; prepares daily and monthly outpatient reports and routes them to the appropriate internal and external departments.
- Complete all typing assignments utilizing appropriate grammatical skills and proofreading on due dates.
- Oversees data entry of charges accurately in a timely manner. Will enter charges no later than the 3rd day of the patient discharge date.
- Assesses work impact and effectively assigns, coordinates and follows-up with clerical staff.
- Completes Compliance Checker for all outpatients before the deadline
- Schedules Outpatient evaluations and therapy appointments within 48 hours from the date of referral
- Ensures that patients are scheduled in accordance with Insurance Verification and scheduled for their fully authorized services.
- Collects statistical data on all outpatients. – Record of daily visits – Inputs patient data – Prepares weekly and monthly reports
- Maintains the telephone message center and communicates with the therapists changes in patient’s schedules
- Closes out all evaluations in Cerner in a timely manner
- Keep all therapy registry notebook up to date
- Distributes productivity reports weekly
- Completes monthly labor log report
- Invoices all contracted services (Norris) within 3 working days after the end of the month
- Reconciles all registry invoices in a timely manner
- Performs other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req 2 years Executive Secretarial experience (preferably in a hospital setting or medical practice).
- Req Demonstrates effective problem solving skills.
- Req Must have high-level computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Req Organization/time management skills.
- Req Able to function independently and as a member of a team.
- Pref Supervisory experience desirable.
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $22.00 – $34.18. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post