The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC is seeking a dynamic and dedicated individual to join our Admissions and Student Life department as an Admissions Counselor II. In this role, you will play a key part in recruiting and counseling prospective students, assisting with outreach programs, and contributing to the growth and success of our dental school.
- Provide comprehensive counseling to prospective students regarding university admission policies, procedures, and educational opportunities throughout the college search and enrollment process.
- Respond to applicant inquiries, offer solutions to issues and requests related to admission, and maintain communication via in-person interactions, telephone, email, and social media platforms.
- Ensure strict adherence to confidentiality and compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) when handling student information.
- Make admission decisions for graduate programs in alignment with established admission criteria.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute outreach programs and recruitment efforts, both online and in-person. Establish and nurture relationships with college counselors, representing the university at various recruitment events.
- Assist in special projects under the guidance of an administrator. Contribute to project planning, design, implementation, and reporting on project progress and outcomes.
- Conduct research, gather, organize, and summarize data for special projects. Develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement procedures for data management and quality control.
- Serve as an informational resource for the university community, enhancing program visibility. Create content for university materials, websites, and social media platforms, often involving collaboration with faculty and stakeholders.
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and professionalism.
- Familiarity with university policies, admission guidelines, and FERPA regulations.
- Proven ability to plan and execute successful recruitment efforts.
- Proficiency in using office communication tools.
- Experience in social media management.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages is a plus.
Join our dedicated team and contribute to shaping the next generation of dental professionals!
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The annual base salary range for this position is $64,884.07 – 65,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years. Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in admissions and recruitment at an academic or higher education institution, with knowledge of financial aid programs. Deft ability to gather, analyze, evaluate, and assess large amounts of physical and digital data. Skilled in interviewing, counseling, conflict resolution, problem-solving and decision-making. Proven ability to interpret, analyze, and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements. Skilled at organization, with astute attention to detail. Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills for communicating tactfully with all levels of staff, media, and diverse individuals and groups. Exemplary written and oral communication and presentation skills, with experience developing communication plans, instructional materials, and related content.
Apply on this job post