The USC Office of Admission is seeking an Assistant Director. Some of the primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages all aspects of a recruitment and admission territory on behalf of the University.
- Makes presentations at high school and community college visits around the country to guidance counselors, prospective students and parents.
- Provides consultative services to students and families about the college search and selection process.
- Serves as an expert regarding the college admission process for college counselors, principals and heads of schools in assigned territory.
- Interviews prospective students to evaluate suitability for admission.
- Evaluates applications, both quantitatively and qualitatively, and makes admission decisions.
- Researches and evaluates the demographic and academic characteristics of an assigned geographic territory, school group, and/or targeted student population in order to create an annual recruitment outreach plan and develop market analysis and competitor intelligence.
- Creates an annual recruitment outreach plan for an assigned geographic territory, school group and/or target student population that supports the accomplishment of the University’s overall enrollment goals and takes into account the various trends and systemic factors affecting the college-going market.
- Determines and executes specific recruitment strategies for assigned territory, school group or student population.
- Determines what high schools and community colleges to visit and what types of students to recruit.
- Recommends and develops new approaches to attracting the most competitive candidates to the University
The annual base salary for this position is $64,480.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
0 – 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Counseling skills and/or academic advisement experience
Apply on this job post