The USC Office of Orientation Programs is seeking a Student Programs Advisor II (Associate Director) to join our team.
The Associate Director provides leadership, guidance and supervision to student workers and graduate assistants. This position develops and conducts program-focused training, assesses the proficiency or readiness of student staff, and supervises student staff evaluations throughout the orientation season.
The Associate Director contributes to the design and development of social media for orientation programing and is part of the team who will set the calendar, assess the effectiveness of this content, and make recommendations for modifications as appropriate.
Selected areas of focus include:
· Planning and execution of all freshman, transfer and graduate orientation programs both online and on-campus.
· Work collaboratively with the orientation team to coordinate program logistics and staffing strategies.
· Assist with the coordination of communication with campus partners, academic units, faculty, and speakers for all events.
· Coordinate and execute the recruitment, hiring and training of the student Orientation Coordinator and Orientation Leader teams.
· Coordinate student staff training including the development of content, selection of speakers, and establishing the overall schedule.
· Work with the orientation team to recruit, hire and train two summer graduate student interns.
· Serve as the orientation social media liaison with the Enrollment Services Division communications team.
The Associate Director will make formal presentations as required and may need to meet with parents or students to provide information and/or facilitate problem resolutions. Assessment of programing will be essential, and this position will be responsible for gathering data from various sources and contribute to reports for review and presentation to leadership.
The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible to deliver exceptional programing for all new students. This will require that the candidate can work as part of a team, supervise students, assess programing effectiveness, monitor expenditures and adherence to university policies and budget guidelines. The Associate Director is encouraged to be part of orientation professional associations, committees, workshops, and other means of networking. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. This position reports to the Director, Orientation Programs.
Please submit cover letter and resume as part of your application.
The annual base salary range for this position is $66,560.00 – $68,590.38 . When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Work Experience:
– 2 years
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Student personnel administration
Apply on this job post