The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students, and staff.
The USC Alfred E. Mann School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is seeking applications for an Associate Director of Fellowship Programs.
The Associate Director will work with the Director, Fellowship Programs to oversee and manage the post-doctoral fellowships at the USC Alfred E. Mann School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences with our partner pharmaceutical companies and fellowships with our faculty such as the clinical translational sciences and academic fellowship as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have a broad base experience in the pharmaceutical industry who can work with faculty and the pharmaceutical companies to develop high quality training programs for professionals to achieve career objectives. The candidate should have educational and program management skills. The candidate will serve as a resource to students interested in pursuing post-doctoral fellowships.
– Interface with various stakeholders including faculty and pharmaceutical companies in the design of fellowship training programs.
– Interface with academic units of the School of Pharmacy to design and provide didactic coursework for the fellowship.
– Work with mentors and fellows to monitor progress and assure quality within each fellowship.
– Provide guidance and monitor the fellows’ performance in the respective fellowships.
– Promote the fellowships and recruitment of fellowship candidates.
– Negotiate and manage budgets for the fellowships.
– Reconcile fellowship grants for reporting purposes.
– Coordinate and participate in the pharmaceutical industry-related classes as appropriate.
– Participate in scholarly activities related to the industry and fellowship programming as appropriate.
– Supervise staff supporting the fellowship programs.
Minimum Education: Doctorate degree; Pharm.D, or Ph.D.
Minimum Experience: 7 – 10 years pharmaceutical industry experience
Preferred Experience: Strong pharmaceutical industry background with program management, program administration, and supervisory experiences related to academia and the pharmaceutical industry. Leadership abilities with strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, detail-oriented, time-management skills, ability to multitask, problem solve and work closely with other team members are a must. Working knowledge of various software including MS Office, Blackboard, Adobe Acrobat, Qualtrics, DocuSign, Google forms, Microsoft Office, Linkedin, social media, etc.
The annual base salary range for this position is $150,000 – $160,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 7 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related program management experience. Expert knowledge of field, teaching experience and/or active in research. Ability to manage sponsored projects and fundraise.
Apply on this job post