The Audio Visual Technician is responsible for configuring, operating, training, maintaining, and supporting audio/visual (A/V) systems and services. Additionally, the A/V Technician will communicate and coordinate with other departments, staff members, outside agencies, and vendors. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Keck Medicine of USC.
• Install and maintain audio visual equipment including display devices, projectors, televisions, camera systems, video teleconferencing systems (VTC), microphones and speakers.
• Provide excellent equipment services to meet client expectations.
• Perform inventory management of equipment, wirings, and accessories to avoid any shortages.
• Setup and operate audio visual equipment for trainings, presentations, meetings and conferences.
• Perform equipment additions, removals, repairs, replacements and inspections.
• Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions.
• Assemble and disassemble audio visual equipment as needed.
• Test equipment to ensure they are in good and safe working conditions.
• Prioritize and complete work orders accurately and timely.
• Perform equipment storage and transportation activities in safe and secure manner.
• Maintain the work room and store room clean, safe and organized.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school or equivalent
• Req High school or equivalent
• Pref Associate’s degree Degree in Information System, Information Technology, or related field.
• Req 3 years 3 to 5 years of A/V technical support.
• Req Experience with web, audio, and video conferencing solutions.
• Req Experience with Cisco Telepresence.
• Req Must demonstrate exceptional customer service.
• Req Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Req Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Req Strong ability to learn and retain new information with ease.
• Req Willingness to assume additional responsibilities and work on projects as needed.
• Req Must be able to work independently and cooperatively in a team.
• Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.00 – $39.69. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post