The Data Analyst supports the department by providing departmental expertise in information management and analysis, consisting of metric tracking, developing targeted and timely reports, data entry, case analysis, and regular document/report generation. Inspects, cleans, transforms, models, and analyzes data with the goal of discovering useful information for process improvement, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision-making for the department.
The Business Data Analyst will be part of Keck Medicine of USC big data transformation to help influence business decisions. This position will be expected to gather data from multiple sources and company data warehouses and analyze and interpret the data to extract such information that can be beneficial for businesses. The business data analyst must visualize and report their findings by preparing comprehensive reports, graphs, charts, etc. Visual representation of the data findings helps all the stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) to understand it better.
- To identify new sources of data and develop methods to improve data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- To present the findings in reports (in table, chart, or graph format) to help the management team in the decision-making process.
- To perform routine analysis tasks to support day-to-day business functioning and decision making.
- Ensuring that business data and reporting needs are met
- Developing and monitoring data quality metrics
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or related field or equivalent work experience
- 1 year Minimum one (1) – three (3) years of business analysis, data mining experience or related experience
- Using the information that the business data analyst uncovers to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Creating data visualization in Tableau, Qlik, or any other BI tools
- Demonstrated organizational, critical thinking, interpersonal, planning, problem solving, and business analytical skills
- Preferred but not required: scripting, R, statistical analysis tools, experience with research data, pivot tables, multi-modal data
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $68,640.00 – $112,370.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post