The Buyer is responsible on releasing and ordering supplies through Materials Management system. Work with Accounts Payable on trouble shooting to resolve any discrepancies on the PO. Maintaining Item and Vendor files in Materials management System.
- Procurement of medical, non-medical supplies and equipment as assigned, per specified Materials Management Policy and Procedures.
- Complete daily requisitions with order placement. Notify Director of any uncompleted requisitions.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies as assigned, per specified Materials Management Policy and Procedures in a timely manner.
- Maintain of all open and closed Purchase Order files, both on site and via MMIS System.
- Ensures pricing integrity by reviewing price increases against contract and non-contracted agreements with Director.
- Follow-up on backorders and communicates to departments accordingly.
- Prepare purchase Orders as assigned for prior approval of Assistant or Director per Materials Management Specifications.
- Maintain all blanket, repair, and service purchase orders, as assigned, in a timely manner.
- Notify Assistant Director or Director of any stock-outs, backorders or occurrences that may adversely affect either facility’s flow of material supply.
- Authorized recommended orders each day to process the daily order.
- Process returns and rentals accurately in a timely manner.
- Release forms orders from department on a timely manner.
- Work on bill only PO’s for OR and give the PO to the vendor in a timely manner.
- Keep track and request MMIS item number for new items in OR and items that do not have MMIS numbers.
- Work on “open PO analysis” to clean up the system every Month end.
- Review and release office supply orders from department in a timely manner.
- Send out repairs and know what to prioritize to be processed and sent out each day.
- All other duties assigned as deemed necessary by Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- 1 year Experience in hospital purchasing and general stores.
- Knowledge of medical surgical material.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of general office operation in hospital Materials’s Management environment.
- Ability to use internet to search for vendors and products.
- Ability to analyze and compare bids.
- Knowledge of vendors providing goods and services to Hospital.
- Working knowledge of AS400 computer
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Service oriented.
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.00 – $39.69. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post