As an integral part of the department, the Certified Cardiovascular Tech performs non-invasive Cardiology diagnostic procedures.
As an integral part of the USC Cardiac & Vascular Institute- Arcadia Certified Cardiovascular Tech performs non-invasive Cardiology diagnostic procedures.
- Performs technically adequate Non-Invasive Cardiac diagnostic studies, including ECGs, Exercise and Chemical Stress Studies, Ambulatory and Event Monitor placement and results review according to policy and procedure in an acceptable amount of time,
- Responsible for collection of ECG data from ECG Machines ; downloads data into ECG Database and insures proper billing of ECG studies.
- Assists in transportation of patients to and from the waiting room and diagnostic areas.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining courteous, cooperative service oriented relationships with patients, public and other members of the healthcare team.
- Responsible for providing a clean, safe environment for patients and visitors.
- Participates in department Performance Improvement projects.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served in his/her assigned unit.
- Works in conjunction with the Cardiology Nurse and Supervisor to ensure high quality diagnostic studies.
- Reports and documents unusual or critical values to Attending Cardiologist in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Prepares accurate charges documents, maintains accurate and meaningful patient records, and documents studies in repository in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining department supply levels.
- Uses all equipment properly.
- Performs proper cleaning of laboratory equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and standards of care. .
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Exercises sound judgment in relating physicians order to the actual condition and need of the patient.
- Consults with the Supervisor and Attending or Ordering Physician when indicated.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req 2 years Minimum of two years experience in a Ambulatory or Hospital based Non-invasive Cardiology Lab performing exercise and chemical stress studies, ECG’s, and Holter and Event Monitors set up and review. (*Will consider 1 year stress test experience plus 2 years clinical experience within another healthcare related field.)
- Req Demonstrates ability to effectively work with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Req Certified Cardiographic Technician – CCT (CCI) If no CCT certification upon hire, CCT certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.00 – $39.69. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post