USC’s School of Cinematic Arts is seeking a Computer Services Consultant II to join its Technical Support team in Creative Technology. The School of Cinematic Arts is the premiere school for the study of cinematic arts and provides instruction in production, post production, animation, interactivity and gaming, writing, producing and cinema studies. The facilities include state-of-the-art editing labs, animation labs, visual effects labs, interactive studios, scoring and mixing stages, film stages, motion capture stage and theatres, including a 55-seat IMAX theatre.
The Computer Services Consultant II is a member of the Technical Support team responsible for end-user support and equipment maintenance of all computers, software and audio-visual equipment used in the school’s instructional spaces.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience supporting end-users and advanced technology in the entertainment industry (production, post-production, visual effects, animation, gaming, interactive media and/or audio-visual spaces.) The candidate should possess excellent technical troubleshooting and customer service skills and be adept at supporting both Mac and Windows computers. The role also requires a strong working knowledge of media production software and A/V equipment.
- Serve as power user or subject-matter expert in one of the following areas:
- Post-production and editing. (Avid Media Composer, ProTools, Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve, DCP creation, color grading)
- Audio/Video and projection technology
- Animation rendering workflows (render farm management)
- Game Design workflows and file management (Perforce, Git Hub, etc.)
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support for all computers, software, hardware and audio-visual equipment used in classrooms, labs, theatres and specialized spaces.
- Assist with deployment, maintenance, upgrades and inventory of all computers, peripherals and audio-visual equipment.
- Support on-site events and meetings.
- Maintain user accounts, permissions and quotas.
- Create procedures and documentation and provide technical training for students, faculty and staff.
- Supervise Creative Technology Support student workers.
- Monitor and respond to department help desk ticketing system.
- Additional knowledge in one of these areas are a plus:
- Troubleshooting, calibrating, and optimizing A/V systems, including digital cinema projectors, A/V racks, conference rooms, AMX/Crestron/Extron control systems, switching, control and cabling.
- Color management and color calibration for theaters and classroom projection.
- Animation and Visual Effects. (Maya, Cinema4D, Photoshop, After Effects, Nuke, Toon Boom, TV Paint, knowledge of VR, AR, and stereoscopic 3D)
- Innovative and cutting-edge technologies in the entertainment and gaming industries and software such as Unity and Unreal Engine, LED walls and virtual production.
- Knowledge of scripting, programming, and workflow design.
This position may be required to work evenings or weekends as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, entertainment technology, or Media related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in a technical support role in an advanced Audio-visual environment
The hourly rate range for this position is $35.12 -$39.47. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
USC employees, by virtue of the university’s status as a nonprofit tax-exempt organization, may qualify for public service student loan forgiveness (PSLF).
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of computing environments. Experience with networks, workstations, wireless communication, security software and procedures. Working knowledge of associated hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals.
Apply on this job post