The Data Analyst is accountable for data analysis of complex system-wide provider information/data. Manages and oversees data import/export/downstream processes, builds reports to verify data quality/timelines, understands the impact of the data on other internal USC applications. Conducts audits and analysis in accordance with regulatory requirements while using experience with data extracts, manipulation and/or data management. Designs, coordinates and produces reporting required for internal and external stakeholders and regulatory agencies. Provides recommendations on process or system improvements. Communicates with key stakeholders with regards to report requests and general inquiries.
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.00 – $39.69. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
• REQUIRED: Bachelor’s in Information Management, Healthcare related field, Computing, Statistics, or related fields.
• 1 Years minimum experience.
• Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, XML and SQL (Power insight, Discern Explorer preferred)
• Competent using SAS, SPSS, or other statistical packages as needed for analyzing large datasets
• Knowledge of statistics and able to communicate effectively with statisticians
• REQUIRED: Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
Apply on this job post