This is a full-time position. It will start as a fixed-term for 6 months with the possiblity of the conversion to permanent.
Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgey Clinic is looking for a Dental Patient Treatment Coordinator to join the team! The Dental Patient Treatment Coordinator performs a variety of tasks associated with the dental management system, such as patient registration, insurance authorization and/or verification, and patient scheduling. Works closely with patients and dentists to arrange comprehensive treatment planning. Schedules patient appointments and monitors patient flow.
- Directs patients about appropriate dental care treatment using defined policies and procedures. Monitors progress of patient treatment according to authorized sequential treatment plans and ensures appropriate scheduling accordingly. Works with dentists and patients to initiate care, continue existing care, explain treatment plans, and arrange payment and treatment contracts.
- Prepares and maintains student dentist, resident dentist, and dentist schedules, and assists with scheduling changes, according to patient care form.
- Registers patients and/or edits registration and dental records. Follows guidelines to set up patient’s dental chart.
- Ensures routine patient contact remarks are updated in the electronic health record.
- Verifies all insurance utilizing telephone contacts and web inquiries. Determines if patients’ insurance is contracted with USC and determines and collects co-pays. Works with patients who require financing to obtain or design financing, payroll deduction, payment plans, etc. Works with insurance companies to resolve billing and coverage issues and provides pricing to patients.
- Ensures required pre-authorizations of service are obtained.
- Processes workers’ compensation patient accounts in conjunction with other appropriate internal and external financial parties and/or guarantors.
- Ensures patients’ rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality are maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations, and with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe environment in accordance with compliance standards, policies, and safety regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in dental management and dental secretarial assistance.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal customer service, and telephone skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of dental terminology and PPO and Denti-Cal and health insurance.
- Demonstrated team-oriented and collaborative work style.
- Demonstrated experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
The hourly rate range for this position is $20.00 – $23.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Work Experience: At least 2 years related work experience
Apply on this job post