The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for the support of the user community at the Keck Medicine of USC hospitals and clinic locations. This position will provide support for all users experiencing problems with desktop hardware, software and other computer related technology with the primary focus as follows: imaging of PC’s, Laptop’s and MAC’s using SCCM and Casper, analyzing and performing maintenance and repairing of personal computer hardware, software and peripherals for enterprise customers, installation of printers, activation of network ports including desktop patching in IDF, assisting remote users and remote sites including user and departmental moves as required.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance to Keck Medicine of USC end users as required.
- Provide superior customer service, training and support to Keck Medicine of USC end users as required.
- Adhere to Keck Medicine of USC IT processes and practices.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve processes to Keck Medicine of USC IT Client Services team.
- Communicate and escalate customer service issues to management in order to resolve quickly and efficiently.
- Responds to questions from users or escalates their issues to an IT manager at Keck Medicine of USC IT.
- Assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of work stations at all Keck Medicine of USC hospitals and clinic locations.
- Prepares defective parts for shipment to manufacturer.
- Assist in maintaining records or parts inventory for spare equipment.
- Attends vendor training workshops to gain proficiency in workstation and peripheral equipment servicing.
- Ability to perform on-call duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- 6 months experience in IT up to two (2) years required
- Experience with or exposure to the following: – Operating systems: Windows 7, 10, OS X – Office Productivity Software: Office 2010 and 2016 – Cerner – Footprints – Kronos
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to learn and continue learning new systems and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Must demonstrate ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team as needed and follow-up towards the successful completion of assigned tasks
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- Experience in Desktop support
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.00 – $39.69. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post