As an integral part of the Cardiology Department, the EKG Tech performs non-invasive Cardiology diagnostic procedures.
- Performs technically adequate ECGs
- Responsible for collection of ECG data from ECG Machines Hospital wide; downloads data into ECG Database and insures proper billing of ECG studies
- Assists in transportation of patients to and from the Cardiology department
- Prepares ECG for interpretation by cardiologists
- Responsible for maintenance and stocking of supplies on ECG carts
- Responsible for reporting critical values to licensed caregiver
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining courteous, cooperative service oriented relationships with patients, public and other members of the healthcare team
- Responsible for providing a clean, safe environment for patients and visitors
- Responds timely to STAT ECG as per departmental policy and procedure
- Participates in department Performance Improvement projects
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients served in his/her assigned unit
- Works in conjunction with the Cardiology Nurse and Supervisor to insure high quality diagnostic studies
- Reports and documents unusual or critical values to Attending Cardiologist in a timely and appropriate manner
- Prepares accurate charges documents, maintains accurate and meaningful patient records, and documents studies in Department Log Sheet in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining department supply levels
- Uses all equipment properly
- Performs proper cleaning of laboratory equipment, including high-level disinfection of TEE probes
- Maintains a clean work area
- Exercises sound judgment in relating physicians order to the actual condition and need of the patient
- Consults with the Supervisor and Attending or Ordering Physician when indicated
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- High school or equivalent
- Specialized/technical training Completion of an accredited program for EKG certification.
- 2 years Experience in a Hospital based Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab performing 12-lead ECG’s.
- Ability to perform right-sided precordial leads (V4R, V5R, V6R) and posterior leads (V7, V8, V9).
- Ability to perform serial 12-lead EKGs.
- Ability to recognize EKG tracings appropriate for patients with pacemakers and AICD’s and make appropriate technical settings accordingly.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Preferred experience performing Exercise and Chemical Stress Studies, and Holter and Event Monitors set up and review.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $22.00 – $37.40. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post