Environmental Services Worker will maintain a clean, attractive, and safe hospital environment for patients, staff, and visitors through a systematic application of cleaning procedures.
- Maintains established orderliness, cleaning, and safety standards set by the department.
- Complies with proper patient room cleaning policies.
- Properly dispose of: • Trash • Empty Container • Packing Boxes • Biohazard / Medical Waste • HIPAA Information • Biohazard • Pharmaceutical • Batteries • And any other hospital-generated waste
- Practices Infection Control Standards/Requirements
- Scrubs, refinishes, burnishes, and cleans carpets/chairs in public, ancillary, patient, surgical, and office areas of the facility
- Dusts, mops, and cleans public, ancillary, patient, surgical, and office areas of the facility
- Completes high and low dusting on vertical and horizontal surfaces following departmental procedures
- Observes and reports items and equipment in need of repair to appropriate person.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures in public, ancillary, patient, surgical, and office areas of the facility
- According to Department policy cleans, disinfects, and replenish supplies in restrooms in both public and patient areas
- Removes and replaces sharps containers, pharmaceutical, and biohazardous containers according to hospital policy
- Responsible for documenting performed tasks
- Demonstrates behavior that supports the USC University Hospital mission
- Attends required Orientation and Training Seminars
- Demonstrates respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, clients, the public, managers, co-workers – a team player
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- 6 – 12 months Customer Service experience in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest-centric environment OR
- 6 – 12 months Healthcare Housekeeping, Hotel, or Hospitality experience
- Ability to read and write Basic English.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Able to function independently and as a member of a team.
- High school or equivalent
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $17.00 – $28.92. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post