The mission of the USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work is to improve the well-being of vulnerable individuals and communities, advance social and economic justice, and eradicate pressing societal problems in complex and culturally diverse urban environments throughout Southern California, the nation, and the world. Our mission is achieved by providing students with experiential, practice, and competency-based learning, and culturally responsive training that is informed by evidence and best practices.
The USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work, the Office of Academic Affairs is seeking an Evaluation & Improvement Manager. The new position will lead quality improvement and program evaluation efforts for the MSW, DSW, and MSN-FNP, and BSW programs. They will create, manage, and maintain systems, processes, and direct/lead staff to support these priorities for the Office of Academic Affairs. They will implement evaluation plans in collaboration with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and faculty program directors to conduct program evaluations, review data, analyze reports, interpret results, and prepare/present reports and dashboards aligned with external requirements and internal standards.
- Provide strategic oversight and relevant data needed for the Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work Strategic Plan and Assessment Plan.
- Develops and implements assessment processes for the MSW, DSW, MSN-FNP, and BSW programs and graduate certificates at the Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work.
- Monitors and interprets graduate education assessment-related trends and practices.
- Generates various assessment reports related to admissions, curriculum, the student experience, and post-graduate data.
- Working in partnership with the Office of Academic Affairs, assists in preparing graduate program-related content for internal and external accreditation reports, collating data for national graduate program surveys, and developing various assessment instruments related to graduate admissions and curriculum utilizing AI-driven tools to enhance learning.
- Works closely with associate deans, assistant deans, and program directors.
- Keeps senior leadership team informed on a timely basis of all emergent issues.
- Performs additional tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the dean.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 3 years
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- 5-7 years of program evaluation and process improvement experience, preferably in social work research, social work education, or higher education administration.
- Knowledge of accreditation requirements and standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with a variety of people, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing change management principles to accomplish goals through collaboration, coordination, effective coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively utilizes systems thinking approaches and strategic planning to scale up operational processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with systems-based, data-driven quality improvement processes, learning management systems, or similar digital learning platforms preferred.
Compensation: The annual base range for this position is $101,376.97 – $120,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional and supervisory experience in area of program specialization
Apply on this job post