The Environmental Services Worker Ambassador is available to provide a healing environment by maintaining a sanitized, attractive, and safe hospital environment for patients, staff, and visitors through a systematic application of cleaning procedures. The Ambassador is the visible resource available to provide a positive first impression of the facility while adhering to occupied room cleaning protocols.
- Maintains established orderliness, cleaning, and safety standards set by the department.
- Complies with proper patient room cleaning policies.
- Properly dispose of: • Trash • Medical Waste • Batteries • And any other hospital-generated waste.
- Practices Infection Control Standards/Requirements.
- Dusts, mops, and cleans public, ancillary, patient, surgical, and office areas of the facility.
- Completes high and low dusting on vertical and horizontal surfaces following departmental procedures.
- Observes and reports items and equipment in need of repair to appropriate person.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures in public, ancillary, patient, surgical, and office areas of the facility.
- According to Department policy cleans, disinfects, and replenish supplies in restrooms in both public and patient areas.
- Responsible for documenting performed tasks.
- Demonstrates behavior that supports the Keck Service Culture.
- Attends required Orientation and Training Seminars.
- Demonstrates respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, clients, the public, managers, co-workers – a team player.
- Coordinates with various Hospital departments to ensure a healing patient room environment.
- • Ability to engage patients through effective communication. • Conduct environmental care assessment through direct survey with patients and caregivers
- Directs any patient or family issues to supervisor for escalation to appropriate personnel.
- • Promotes a healing environment for patients. • Focus cleaning and sanitizing on high touch items while completing turndown service. • Door knobs, light switches, chairs, footboard, bed rails, over-bed tables, side tables, phones, call box, restroom door handle, restroom light switch, toilet seat sink, flush handle, sink fixtures other items as needed.
- Coordinates with supervisor to ensure patient room is maintained in a manner that ensures a safe environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- 6 – 12 months Hospital/healthcare-related cleaning experience or hotel environmental experience
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Able to function independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Organization/time management skills.
- Associate’s degree in related field
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $18.20 – $30.97. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post