For more than 75 years, the University of Southern California has been working to ensure that people of every age and from every circumstance can live life to the fullest. Throughout the decades, Trojans near and far have advanced the profession of occupational therapy and the research discipline of occupational science. Today, the USC Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy proudly carries this legacy forward as we aim to improve the quality of life of people and communities across the world.
We have a shared purpose here at USC Chan. Together, our researchers, educators, clinicians, students and alumni are dedicated to optimizing the engagement of people — especially those with disability, injury, illness, unhealthy lifestyles or chronic conditions — in the ordinary and extraordinary activities of life.
USC Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy is looking for a Fieldwork Administrative Assistant to join the team! The Fieldwork Administrative Assistant ensure critical support for fieldwork processes associated with launching the new entry-OTD program, including developing and maintaining current contracts and prerequisite requirements for all students, contributing to the development of reports for accreditation, and other administrative support tasks to support the team’s ability to place all students in required fieldwork and capstone experiences.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through supervisor’s office and/or administrative department. Initiates follow-up action. Serves as resource to others on departmental and university procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues. Interacts with university offices and/or supervisor’s subordinates to facilitate communications and information exchange.
- Assists in contracts and grants administration. Monitors budgets, prepares, and submits reports. Interacts with university contract administrators and funding agency officers to provide information, resolve problems, and coordinate on-site visits.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials. Reviews and signs, as authorized.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
- Maintains unit or departmental database and related records. Enters and/or verifies database transactions. Provides technical support and design of enhancements.
- Coordinates department public relations functions, as assigned, such as dedicated events, conferences, seminars, etc. Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc. Coordinates production and/or distribution of promotional materials.
- Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Maintains and modifies the school’s or department’s Web site including content, graphical and multimedia displays, and communications. Gathers feedback for Web site improvement and enhancement. Evaluates, maintains, and ensures functionality of links. Monitors Web site for consistency, cross-referencing and compliance with university standards for Web site content and development.
- Assists in budget preparation by gathering historical data in a limited area, such as materials and supplies or salaries. Tracks and monitors assigned budget expenditures and/or special actions and reports on variances. Provides projections, as requested.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls, determining what contact or action is required for satisfactory disposition. Responds to inquiries, requests for information, or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
- Provides guidance and direction to staff and/or student workers, as assigned. Schedules, assigns, or prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines.
What makes you outstanding:
If you have a Bachelor’s degree with 4 years relevant administrative experience in Higher Education
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.48- $28.39. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Skills: Secretarial or specialized clerical and administrative experience.
Apply on this job post