USC Office of the Provost – Provost Shared Services Seeks Financial Analyst
The Office of the Provost – Provost Shared Services is seeking a Financial Analyst to join its team. The Financial Analyst reports to the Senior Business Officer and collaborates closely with Department Leads, Human Resources, IT, Payroll, Finance, Planning and Design, and other stakeholders.
It is an exciting division to join and allows for interaction and learning opportunities from the range of services we provide. The seven units of Provost Shared Services provide strategic expertise on a wide range of business, technology, and personnel function; Human Resources, Information Technology, Payroll Services, Finance & Controllership, Planning & Design, Faculty/Staff Visa Services, and Office of Institutional Research.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- Performs regular or ad-hoc financial reporting. Extracts and evaluates data. Organizes and summarizes into meaningful formats. May perform consolidated budget and financial reporting for multiple business units.
- Evaluates and analyzes financial and operating reports and data. Develops conclusions and recommendations and communicates orally or in writing to management.
- Performs analyses to assist in business and financial planning. Produces and analyzes reports of current fiscal status and forecasts future performance based on sound knowledge of operations assigned. Analyzes and researches variances to identify problems or trends and present solutions.
- Reviews existing accounting, reporting and data management systems and methods for adequacy. Contributes to the development and/or modification of financial systems and applications to enhance reporting and information capabilities.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of business problems. Researches and interprets available data. Evaluates alternatives and determines appropriate methods of presentation.
- Participates in projects or special studies of significant import to the university.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree; Business education or closely related field. Experience in financial analysis and reporting with knowledge of computer simulation and forecasting techniques.
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Preferred Education: Master’s degree
Preferred Experience: 2 years
Preferred Field of Expertise: Directly related experience in a university environment with knowledge of university systems and procedures preferred.
- Assemble and organize numerical data
- Balance figures
- Communicate with others to gather information
- Gather data
- Prioritize different projects
- Research information
- Use database and/or word processing software
- Problem identification and resolution
- Statistical analysis
The hourly rate range for this position is $34.79 – $38.21. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Business education or closely related field. Experience in financial analysis and reporting with knowledge of computer simulation and forecasting techniques.
Apply on this job post