The Senior Financial Analyst assists in all decision support functions as well as the annual operating and capital budget processes utilizing a high level of problem solving skills and customer service responsiveness. The Senior Financial Analyst assists in maintaining and enhancing the functionality of budgeting, cost accounting and decision support systems, including system implementation and development of cost accounting standards. The Senior Financial Analyst performs work at an advanced level – reviewing and analyzing financial information for complex, difficult and varied management needs. He/She compiles and analyzes data obtained from numerous information systems and employs the judgment necessary to determine the accuracy and applicability of the conclusions. The position exercises independence and judgment in the management of their time and workload.
Performs complex financial reporting and analyses to assist the organization in business and financial short-and long-term planning. Assignments are either highly specialized requiring advanced knowledge of a particular financial area, or analyses may be more general requiring a thorough knowledge of a broader range of financial activities. Performs duties relating to data collection, analysis, and reporting of various clinical, quality and financial information including CFTE calculation and productivity benchmarking. Primary responsibilities include: collaborating with management regarding financial; clinical analysis; designing and generating standardized and financial patient level reports and analyzing related data; performing trend analysis on data, developing and maintaining portions of clinic information structure in multiple systems. Expected to provide input and guidance to other team members, proactively identify opportunities and work on projects with moderate to high complexity, risk and scope. In this role, the analyst will be asked to lead projects, identify opportunities and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinates, organizes and completes strategic and complex projects of a financial or business nature requiring identification and extraction of data, evaluation, interpretation, analysis and summation of findings.
- Presents results formally to senior management.
- Pull data from a variety of source systems, use critical thinking skills to analyze the data,
- Develop and maintain portions of clinic information structure in multiple systems.
- Provides input and guidance to other team members, proactively identify opportunities and work on projects with moderate to high complexity, risk and scope.
- Produces regular and ad-hoc financial and operating reports.
- Evaluates and analyzes reports and data.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
- Develops conclusions and recommendations and communicates orally or in writing to management.
- Monitors financial operations for the ambulatory care/ clinics
- Identifies problems or trends and evaluates for solutions. Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations .
- Seeks resolution or brings to the attention of senior management for consideration.
- Reviews existing accounting, reporting and data management systems and methods for adequacy. Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations,
- account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Contributes to the development and/or modification of financial systems and applications to enhance reporting and information capabilities.
- Responsible for identifying and bringing forward suggestions, corrective actions, process improvements or solutions to improve organizational
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req Bachelor’s degree 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Req 3 years Financial analysis and reporting with knowledge of computer simulation and forecasting techniques.
- Req Able to perform a variety of financial activities including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting.
- Req Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Req Able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
- Req Working knowledge of financial strategies.
- Req Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Req Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Req Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP, Oracle, or related financial systems.
- Req Familiarity with financial concepts, in depth knowledge of medical terminology as well as ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Pref Master’s degree In related field.
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $81,120.00 – $133,010.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post