Records all cafeteria customer and purchases through the registers, collects money and issues change. Displays prompt and courteous service to customers and is able to communicate effectively with them. Cleans and stocks server & beverage area.
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Keck Medicine of USC’s cash-handling policies and procedures.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Keck Medicine of USC’s policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operating peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience is required as a substitution of education.
- Req Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience If no High Diploma, GED or Equivalent, a minimum of 1 year of experience is required as a substitution of education.
- Req Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Req Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pref Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $16.04 – $27.27. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post