The full time Grossing Technician will support technical laboratory personnel in day-to-day operations of the Surgical Pathology Laboratory in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
The incumbent will:
- Receive, accession and triage patient specimens, blocks and slides.
- Dissects and prepares non-complex surgical specimens and surgical biopsy specimens
- Performs specialized procedures such as frozen sections and decalcification
- Monitor incoming phone inquiries and requests.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with safety protocols.
- Maintain and organizes laboratory supplies. Monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed.
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday 12:00pm – 8:30pm.
The hourly rate range for this position is $32.43 – $39.68. When extending an offer of employment, the]University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations
Minimum Education: Related undergraduate study, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 0 – 6 months
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience as a laboratory assistant in a clinical lab.
Has earned an associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology, from an accredited institution, or have education and training equivalent to the above, that includes at least 60 semester hours, or equivalent, from an accredited institution that includes at a minimum 24 semester hours of medical laboratory courses, or 24 semester hours of science courses that include
– 6 hours of chemistry
– 6 hours of biology
– 12 hours of chemistry, biology or medical lab technology,
– AND 36 hours of other coursework (to complete the 60 hour minimum)
Apply on this job post