The Groundskeeper maintains grounds of hospital and parking structure.
- Maintains clean ascetic look to the hospital grounds, roof, and parking structure.
- Maintains plants and trees around the facility.
- Maintains irrigation system.
- Maintains clean ascetic look of the roof and parking structure.
- Maintains grounds keeping equipment and storage area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of fountain / water treatment and filtration system.
- Maintains all curbs and paints as needed.
- Cleans all ground level windows as needed.
- Uses personal protective equipment as is appropriate to the task performed.
- Employee interacts well with patients, guests, co-workers and physicians.
- Employee is willing to assist department needs when needed.
- Tools Understands the safe operation of – all grounds equipment, power tools carts trash compactor and pressure washing equipment.
- Fountain – understands the use of the timer systems pumping system filter system lighting systems chemical balance filling and draining procedures
- Sprinkler system understanding of sprinkler timer system, sprinkler head replacement, water piping water shut off valves
- Req 3 years Three (3) to five (5) years working experience in groundskeeping in a medium size hospital, with knowledge of operating and maintaining equipment related to work required.
- Req Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Req Organization/time management skills.
- Req Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Req Knowledge about gardening methods and foliage.
- Req Knowledge about machinery and equipments used in groundskeeper job.
- Pref High school or equivalent
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $19.50 – $33.15. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post