Escorts patients to exam rooms, obtains and appropriately records patient vital signs/medication list, monitors patient flow, assists physicians with minor clinical procedures, performs EKGs, prepares patient chart with pertinent medical information. Schedules diagnostic tests ordered by the physician as needed. Performs various office and clerical duties. Ensures patient’s right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality is maintained. Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies, and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
• High School Diploma required.
• Medical Assistant Diploma/Certificate from an accredited program.
• 1+ years experience in acute care setting preferred.
– Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Familiarity with word processing, GECB, COR, Cerner, ProSolv, and scheduling software is preferred.
• Current Medical Assistant Certification
• BLS for Healthcare Provider from the American Heart Association.
• Current Medical Laboratory Personnel License – NV. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
The hourly rate range for this position is $17.50 – $27.01. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post