The Medical Staff Coordinator provides support to the organized Medical Staff via meeting management, practitioner credentialing and re-credentialing.
- Meeting Management Schedule meetings by booking rooms, ordering refreshments and room set up as needed. Send meeting notices at least 7 days prior to regularly scheduled meetings. Prepare Draft paper and electronic agenda and electronic meeting book. Collect back up documents for inclusion in electronic meeting book. Release Agenda and electronic meeting packet to the chair / chief prior to the meeting. Take and prepare minutes for each meeting. Minutes and action items to be completed prior to each Medical Executive Committee meeting. Complete follow up memos and inquires and other actions with 14 days of meeting. Prepare and distributes monthly meeting calendar, processed per policy New attending staff are badged courteously
- Expirables Management Responsible for managing the expiring document process prior to updating the provider database. Verifies current license, malpractice insurance, DEA certification and other applicable certifications. Contact practitioner prior to expiration of documents, notifies department coordinators/administrators and/or facilities of impending expirations. Process includes accurate data entry and image scanning.
- Credentialing Management of IDPC and/or Integrated Credentials Committee meetings – performed per “Meeting Management” standards above Processes initial credentialing and reappointment applications, reviews for completeness, verifies information through appropriate resources, monitors expirables and processes the applications through the necessary Medical Staff committees in a timely manner and as defined in Credentialing Policies and the Medical Staff Bylaws. Maintains paper credentials files and physician databases to insure information contained is accurate and current, and coordinates follow-up files to appropriate committees. Notification to new applicants of initial appointment including appointment letters, proctoring requirements, ID number, ID badge etc. Maintains on-going tickler system for reappointment of staff members per the time schedule established by the Medical Staff bylaws, identifies staff members seven months prior to the expiration their term of appointment, and sends reappointment packages Processes reappointment/recredentialing applications including gathering OPPE and other quality data, verification of all required elements in accordance with Credentialing Policies and Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and submitting to Department Chairs/Chief and committees for review. Processes New / revised privilege requests within one week of receipt to including supporting documentation of training and/or experience and necessary review and approvals. Responsible for obtaining approval signatures on applications and delineation of privileges forms, notification of applicants and/or member of credentialing decisions via Governing Board letters and filing completed packets. Proctoring reports are recorded in database when requisite number have been completed in accordance with Proctoring policy, prepares report for review and approval by Chair/Chief and committees. Temporary privileges for applicants as well as non-staff providers are processed per Temporary Privileges policy including maintaining the Temporary Privileges log. Participates in facility/credentialing preparation for site visits and licensing/accreditation surveys participates in facility/credentialing preparation for site visits and licensing/accreditation surveys. Ensures maximum confidentiality, accuracy, security, and appropriate access of all data and records, and provides maximum protection from discoverability of all information controlled.
- Graduate Medical Education / Resident and Student Services Residents and medical students are registered upon presentation as needed to assist Office of Academic Affairs.
- Health Sciences Library Books and journals are maintained per policy Library appearance is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, Title 22, and CMS regulations pertaining to the organized medical staff.
- Knowledge of medical staff principles, practices, quality assessment, performance improvement functions, and legal concepts related to the organized medical staff.
- Organization/time management skills.
- Excellent skills in use of personal computer software programs including but not limited to MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Associate’s degree in related field Or
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10 years Experience as a medical staff services professional.
- Medical Staff Services Certification Valid CPCS or CPMSM by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (or equivalent five years experience as medical staff professional).
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $29.00 – $45.20. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post