As an integrated part of the department/unit, this position provides coordination of departmental/unit clerical duties and activities. Offers support in coordinating and maintaining files and data activities in an efficient manner.
- 1. Communication Skills • a) Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers in relaying information in a timely manner. Receive all calls in a professional manner. • b) Take detailed messages, determine urgency of calls, and forward them to the appropriate staff member.
- 2. Computer Skills • a) Type and proof various documents (e.g., correspondence, reports, charts, minutes of meetings, hospital policies, etc.). • b) Create spreadsheets and tables, utilizing functions (formulas) and manipulating the data to retrieve desired information. • c) Maintain computer records and files as needed. • d) Design, develop and produce PowerPoint presentations for special events or committee meetings. • e) Must be able to use business format for letters and assure grammatical accuracy.
- 3. Customer Service • a) Greets and assists patients/visitors by providing them with the information needed, contacting appropriate staff members to assist them, or taking messages for the staff. • b) Demonstrates outstanding telephone etiquette.
- 4. Data Entry & Report Preparation • a) Enters data in a timely manner, ensuring that all information is accurate. • b) Prepares reports for committee meetings and other hospital departments/services.
- 5. Information Distribution • a) Maintains computer data information accurately and timely. • b) Assures confidentiality of information.
- 6. Meeting Scheduling • a) Coordinates meeting dates and times with all participants. • b) Arranges for conference rooms or other meeting locations, audio-visual equipment, or catering services as needed. • c) Attends meetings and types minutes of meetings as requested.
- 7. Office Maintenance • a) Completes copying, collating and coordinating materials in an orderly manner. • b) Maintain files for the General filing system. • c) Picks up and delivers mail to and for nursing managers/directors. • d) Provide a file system that allows for easy retrieval of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- 2 years Experience in a secretarial role.
- Experience in customer service field.
- Excellent working knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to use spreadsheets for display of data, and manipulate data for presentation to various departments.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Medical Terminology.
- Experience with data entry and statistical analysis.
- Experience with Kronos timekeeping system.
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $23.00 – $39.10. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post