The Supervisor possesses recognized leadership and sound clinical skills and will actively assist the Clinical Director of Perioperative Services and the Business Director of Perioperative Services in coordinating clinical related activities. The Supervisor supervises staff in an effective and efficient manner. This position handles disciplinary actions for staff and supervises the Clinical Coordinator with staff schedules and the logistics of the operating arena.
The Pre/PACU Supervisor is a leader with sound clinical skills and actively assists the Clinical Director/Manager of Perioperative Services in coordinating both clinical and operational duties. The Pre/PACU Supervisor supervises Pre-op and PACU staff and Clinical Coordinators in an effective and efficient manner. This includes creating staff schedules, contributing toward department goals, and participating in necessary disciplinary actions for staff and supporting logistics of the operating arena.
- Coordinates and integrates various clinical resource management activities on intradepartmental,
- Interdepartmental and hospital wide levels.
- Hands on supervisor. Works inside the red line.
- Assists surgeons with satisfaction of equipment, supplies and staff.
- Establishes and maintains performance improvement and quality control activities which support the
- Department and the hospital.
- Keeps staff’s licenses, certifications, fire card and annual health assessment’s up to date.
- Assists Clinical Coordinator with daily staffing schedule.
- Assists with staff evaluations. Plans for provision of services through appropriate levels of qualified,
- Competent staff.
- Supports and mentors Coordinators and staff.
- Provides for orientation, training and continuing education of staff.
- Monitor space/resource requirements and utilization of outside resources.
- Assists with KRONOS time keeping.
- Proactively implements and maintains systems/protocols to improve operations.
- Completes eSRM reports.
- Is a team player.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
- 3 years in an pre/post-up and understands departmental operations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Master’s degree Degree in Nursing.
- Certified Post Anesthesia Registered Nurse – CPAN (ASPAN) highly recommended within 1 year of hire
- Certified Ambulatory Perianessthesia Nurse – CAPA (ASPAN) highly recommended within 1 year of hire
- Registered Nurse – RN (CA Board of Registered Nursing)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
The hourly rate range for this position is $46.00 – $76.07. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post