The Patient Access Representative assists patients with the check-in/arrival. Has in depth knowledge in all processes of the reception front desk and arrival process. Works with physicians on coordinating new patients for their individual schedules, assist new patients in collecting all medical records and history. He/She will schedule new patients with physician who specializes in care type and prepares new patient chart for physician review. Responsible for providing insurance information to Financial Counselor Representative for verification.
Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently. Must be comfortable with computers and medical terminology. In depth knowledge of all insurance types, including government health programs
- Registers and admits patients following appropriate policy assuring the two patient identifiers “Name and Date of Birth” are used when selecting patients Medical Record
- Ensure all patients are checked-in hospitals systems
- Obtain complete and accurate patient demographics and financial information and input in the computer system according to standard operating procedures
- Ensure all documents are obtained and scanned at time of registration as required
- Explain hospital policies regarding insurance benefits, personal items and valuables
- Collects and records patient payments and completes ledgers for all check and cash payments
- Ensure MD order is complete
- a. Test Ordered
- b. Diagnosis (Rule out is unacceptable)
- c. MD Signature
- Appropriate language is identified and selected in ADT and correct language documents are obtained and scanned.
- Receive patient valuables and place in safe according to hospital policy
- Ensure all accounts requiring Medical Necessity are performed and failed test and Advanced Beneficiary notice is provided to patient and is documented and scanned in hospital systems
- Transfusion Free Policy is followed
- Verify and document insurance eligibility and confirm and document benefits
- Obtain and or assure verify pre-certifications and authorizations are in place
- Utilize both hospital and professional registration information systems. Completes all fields as required.
- Ability to request financial Liability
- Maintain Accuracy Score above 89%
- Assist Manager/Supervisor with other duties as assigned
- Req High school or equivalent Or equivalent evidence in file required.
- Req Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English proficiently.
- Req Must be comfortable with computers and medical terminology.
- Req In depth knowledge of Cerner, most insurance types, and basic computer programs.
- Req Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Pref 1 year Hospital experience
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $19.00 – $29.77. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post