The Patient Access Representative/Scheduler must have an in-depth knowledge in all the functions required for patient check-in and out, payment collection and patient medical record management. The PAR or Scheduler will be the first point of contact for all patients providing a consistent superior customer service experience in accordance with the Center’s mission and vision. This position demonstrates excellent customer service techniques, meet and greets patients; answers patient calls; identifies and clarifies patients’ needs and desires and ability to recognize and direct immediate health concerns, confirms patient’s identity and eligibility, obtains required signatures from patients, schedule patients for appointments, and answering patient’s questions. Performs various office and clerical duties. Ensures patient’s right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality is maintained. Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies, and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
In addition to front office tasks, the PAR with MA duties escorts patients to exam rooms, obtains and appropriately records patient vital signs/medication list, monitors patient flow, assists physicians with minor clinical procedures, proficient in adult and pediatric immunizations and prepares patient chart with pertinent medical information. Schedules diagnostic tests ordered by the physician as needed. Performs various office and clerical duties. Ensures patient’s right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality is maintained. Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies, and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies. Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent required
• Medical Assistant Diploma required
• At least three (3) years’ experience in an office or ambulatory clinic setting as a Front Office Medical Assistant required.
• Knowledgeable and understanding of medical terminology, ability to interview patients and interface with physicians, nurses and other professional staff required.
• Knowledgeable in Electronic Health records, and various computer programs such as word, and excel required.
• Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English/Spanish proficiently.
• Must be comfortable with computers and medical terminology.
Required License/Certification: Required:
• Valid Medical Assistant (CMA) certification.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
The hourly rate range for this position is $17.50 – $27.01. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post