The Patient/Guest Relations Representative is available to provide assistance to our patients, their families, visitors and our colleagues with regard to hospital services and resources in the surrounding community. The Representative is the visible resource available to provide direction and assistance in a professional and hospitable manner, while adhering to the Keck Medical Center’s “KNOWN” Service standards as well as patient privacy standards at all times. He/She will also be responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of lobby areas, work stations and patient consultation areas and will also be available to assist escorting patients to scheduled appointments and assisting with wheelchair escorting daily.
- Greets our colleagues, our patients, their families and visitors with a kind greeting following the KNOWN Service Standards.
- Provides accurate directions and assistance to patients going to physician offices and other Health Science Campus buildings.
- Provide concierge services including, but not limited to driving directions and information regarding resources in the surrounding community; reservation assistance for lodging, transportation and restaurants; assistance with personal services such as entertainment, shopping, flowers and gift requests; arrange for business services such as banking information, faxing and copying services; transport patient luggage as needed ensuring that it is delivered to the correct person; coordinates taxicab voucher requests accurately and in accordance to hospital policy;
- Participates in Welcome Rounds for all of our new patients following patient experience protocols.
- Provides accurate information regarding meeting room locations, hospital parking, visiting regulations, cafeteria hours and hospital services.
- Coordinates the flow of surgical information between physicians and surgical staff and the appropriate patient family members/guests. Distributes pagers to patient families as needed. Accurately records patient family contact information and distribution of pagers
- Completes hourly rounds of the lobbies and patient and family resource centers. Ensures that the first floor public spaces are kept in a condition that is appropriate for the facility.
- Alerts security of any problems and provides information as needed.
- Coordinates environment of care services. Coordinate with housekeeping staff to ensure that first floor public spaces and first floor restrooms are kept cleaned. Coordinate with engineering to ensure that the lobby is maintained in a manner that ensures a safe environment.
- Directs any complaints or concerns to the appropriate hospital personnel in an efficient manner.
- Alerts the marketing department of the presence of any media personnel and directs all vendors to Materials Management in accordance to hospital policy.
- Provides wheelchairs as requested following hospital policy.
- Delivers flowers, mail and packages with accuracy.
- Distributes visitor passes in accordance to hospital policy.
- Distributes volunteer meal tickets appropriately and in accordance to hospital policy.
- Maintains professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req 2 years in customer service (preferably in a healthcare facility and/or as a Corporate Concierge setting).
- Req Excellent public relations.
- Req Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Req Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pref Associate’s degree Degree in a related field
- Pref Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
The hourly rate range for this position is $16.36 – $25.25. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post