The Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution, clinical services and education. Additionally, this role will provide comprehensive medication management services, telephonic and/or video-telehealth services to various populations served through the Keck Medicine of USC Specialty Pharmacy partnerships.
- Responsible and accountable for providing pharmaceutical services to the patient in accordance with regulatory requirements (Joint Commission, Title 22, OBRA) and professional standards (ASHP guidelines) and state and federal laws. These services involve: Comprehensive Medication Management for Specialty pharmacy disease states and ambulatory conditions. Providing CMM Consult in person or via Telemedicine to Specialty Patients. Requisitioning pharmaceuticals and biologics. Clinical verification and dispensing of Specialty drug products. Other clinical pharmacy services aligned with specialty pharmacy priorities, including but not limited to medication adherence, specialty pharmacy prescription clinical review, order verification, and clinical documentation.
- Providing consultative services to patients, providers, and external facilities. Coordinating with providers, patients, and the Specialty Pharmacy to ensure referrals are created per pharmacy protocol. Assisting in the planning, coordination, and execution of pharmacy operations and programs for the enforcement of (state & federal) laws and regulations pertaining to drugs.
- Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Provide specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes including, but not limited to, advising physicians on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity of drugs and their side effects, as well as assisting in the prescription of appropriate doses.
- Coordinate the activities of assigned pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation, labeling and delivery of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with physicians’ prescriptions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and controlled drugs and the maintenance of required records.
- Mentor pharmacists in training, Residents, and Interns; activities should include both practical and didactic experiences.
- Maintain liaison relationships with medical and nursing staff; provide timely information pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls, and Joint Commission Standards.
- Individualize medication regimens using sound principles, accounting for pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination with responsibility for establishing and continually improving the delivery of Pharmaceutical Care to patients within areas of direct responsibility and assisting others in the department with the same.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Req Doctorate Pharmacy Pharm.D degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Req 2 years Experience in Ambulatory Care, Specialty Pharmacy, Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) or similar setting
- Req Organization/time management skills.
- Req Excellent analytical, problem-solving, planning and evaluation skills.
- Req Demonstrates ability to effectively work with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Req Able to function independently and as a member of a team.
- Req Committed to excellence in patient care and customer service
- Req Registered Pharmacist (CA DCA) Current pharmacy licensure with California State Board of Pharmacy
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Req Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association
- Req Advanced Practice Pharmacist via the CA State Board of Pharmacy
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $64.00 – $105.60. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post