To assist in the efficient discharge of duties of a licensed Physical Therapist, with the responsibilities as defined below.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Further education relative to the health sciences preferred.
• Be able to follow oral and written instructions in English and to effectively communicate with patients, Physical Therapists, and other departments within the hospital.
• Be able to relate to supervising therapist any problems with patients, department operations or problems from other areas.
• Capable of reading the policy and procedure manual and understanding the information that relates to listed job duties as well as general information available for all employees of the hospital.
• Capable of demonstrating compliance with safety, hazardous waste and infection control procedures.
• Utilizes proper body mechanics with patients in order to prevent injury to the patient or to self.
• Capable of working assigned shifts, overtime when approved and weekends if requested.
• Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures, including annual updates of emergency procedures
• Minimum of one-year experience in a Physical Therapy Department working in an aide position, utilizing modalities as indicated in the Major Functions, Duties and Responsibilities area.
• BLS Certification via American Heart Association
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experienced nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.
The hourly rate range for this position is $17.50 to $27.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post