The USC Caruso Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the Keck School of Medicine is seeking an outstanding Physician Assistant who will join our team.
This position will primarily support our inpatient service at the Keck Hospital, including inpatient care of post-operative patients and inpatient consults. However, it will also involve some outpatient ENT clinic responsibilities, such as pre-op H&Ps, post-op visits, and general ENT patient care. This position handles cases that are primarily head and neck cancer, sleep disorders, airway, and acoustic neuroma, but the full spectrum of ENT specialties is represented, and cases can include thyroid, laryngology, rhinology, otology, and facial plastics. This person will perform diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive, and health maintenance services under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the work-up and care of the patients in the unit.
- Record and interpret pertinent data (i.e., labs, diagnostic studies, discharge summaries, progress notes, etc.), including writing orders and discharges.
- Obtain and perform history and physical examinations.
- Evaluate, treat, and diagnose patients under the supervision of a licensed physician.
- Write a daily progress note on inpatients, collate inpatient records, and perform discharge summaries, using the electronic medical record
- Participate in daily interdisciplinary rounds
- Coordinate ongoing overall patient care with physician staff, nursing staff, and other ancillary care providers to ensure treatment plans are implemented
- Assist or perform bedside procedures within the scope of service
- Maintain communication with patients and families regarding care
This position works very closely with Otolaryngology residents and reports directly to our Associate Director of OHNS Inpatient Safety and Outcomes. We do not admit any pediatric patients at Keck, so our general population is adult patients.
Candidates for this position are encouraged to have excellent communication, coaching, and patient engagement skills.
The annual base salary range for this position is $142,418.04 – $169,000.08. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA) issued Physician Assistance certification
Additional Experience Requirements
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum work experience
Current California license for Physician Assistant and National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA). Directly related experience in field.
Apply on this job post