This position is fixed-term for one year and renewable on the recommendation of the faculty mentor and at the discretion of the dean. The position may be renewed up to a maximum of five years.
CCMB is a research laboratory located on the Health Sciences Campus of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. CCMB is a part of the Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC.
The laboratory is funded through numerous federal and organization sponsored research grants. Many of these grants are from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, under which basic research is conducted into developmental, biochemical and molecular biological aspects of human development with a special emphasis on craniofacial structures in both health and disease.
Working together, we are advancing oral, dental, and craniofacial research toward solving problems in health and promoting the well-being of society.
USC Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology is looking for a Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate to join the team! The Postdoctoral Scholar – Research Associate serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently. Analyzes research data and provides interpretations. Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Serves as a research trainee for the purpose of enhancing and developing research competencies. Participates in planning, designing and conducting highly technical and complex research projects under the direction of a supervisor. May or may not work independently.
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research. Searches literature, utilizing all available resources including electronic, regarding new methodology and designs experiments accordingly
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
Preferred Field of Expertise: Publications in peer-reviewed journals in the same or related field.
Communication — written and oral skills
Conceptualization and design
Problem identification and resolution
Computer network (department or school)
Computer network (university)
Computer peripheral equipment
May oversee student, temporary and/or casual workers.
A copy of the doctoral diploma or other certification that indicates that the terminal degree has been completed satisfactorily is required. If the doctoral candidate has not yet obtained a degree, he/she should provide evidence that a thesis has been approved together with a documented indication of the expected date of formal graduation. It is the responsibility of the faculty mentor to verify this documentation. The documentation is to be filed with the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
The annual base salary for this position is $64,480.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within previous five years
Minimum Experience: 0-1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education in research specialization with advanced knowledge of equipment, procedures and analysis methods.
Apply on this job post