The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, staff, and students that make the university a great place to work.
As a community of Dornsife College “we are committed to the creation, preservation, and communication of fundamental knowledge in all its forms…as well as a lifelong passion for learning and a commitment to the betterment of society.” The academic mission of Dornsife College can only be realized to its fullest potential when we build and protect a representative, equitable, inclusive culture of scholarship for students, faculty, and staff. This is not done through initiatives but by embedding these values into the everyday interactions, relationships, policies, and practices of the College. What is required is a seamless integration of the tenets of equity and inclusivity into every facet of academic life. If we want our scholars, staff, and students to be able to give their very best, we must create an academic environment that portends success.
Success is possible when every member of the Dornsife community owns their role as a steward of the culture in which we learn, research, and work; when we believe that it is because of who we are that we are able to do what we do: achieve excellence, together.
Achieving a robust and inclusive academic culture requires more than just the completion of a task, but includes that person’s capacity to contribute positively to the relationships and culture of their office or department. Therefore, any applicant seeking to advance the mission of Dornsife College should also be assessed on their capacities beyond the technical elements of their work, and demonstrate an understanding of their impact on others, and to articulate how they contribute positively to those around them.
The USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences is seeking 3 highly motivated fixed-term Project Assistants in the Psychology Department under the supervision of Dr. Duke Han. The largest and oldest of the USC schools, USC Dornsife functions as the academic core of the university, offering courses and advancing knowledge across the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
The primary purpose of this position will be to pursue and support clinical research initiatives related to cognition, decision making, and neuroimaging in older adult and other populations under the direction of Dr. Han. The Project Assistant will have a primary role of participant recruitment and retention, data collection and data management, and other research-related activities in support of ongoing studies. Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and writing skills are necessary. Computer programming, statistical skills, and previous clinical research experience are a plus. This full-time, fixed term position is ideal for candidates looking to spend a year doing clinical research before medical school or an advanced graduate degree.
- Participant recruitment and retention.
- Data collection and management.
- Research-related tasks in support of on-going studies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Computer programming and statistical skills
- Previous clinical research experience
Hourly range: The hourly rate range for this position is $24.00 – $26.72. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Required Documents and Additional Information:
- CV/Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of data collection procedures and some experience with proposal preparation and production of technical documents
Apply on this job post