USC’s Keck School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, is seeking a Research Lab Technician III-Supervisor to join an established and funded group of researchers in the Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases.
We focus on understanding the promotion and resolution of inflammation and fibrosis in human liver disease. Our long-term goal is to use our knowledge to improve patient care. As part of our efforts to achieve our goals we establish and maintain well defined clinical cohorts for several liver diseases including non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD), Hepatitis B/C and autoimmune liver diseases.
The Research Lab Technician III duties include:
- Organizing and executing research experiments in strict adherence to laboratory and safety protocols.
- Carrying out non-routine and intricate research laboratory tasks independently, including specimen processing.
- Managing data entry, client supply management, and maintaining meticulous records.
- Handling the use and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Updating and maintaining documentation through spreadsheets, Laboratory Information Systems, etc.
- Providing supervision to other members of the research laboratory team as designated.
The position requires the successful applicant to have prior research experience.
This position will be Non-exempt and On-Site.
The hourly rate range for this position is $31.44 to $36.04
When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Preferred Experience: Human Sample Processing, Flow Cytometric Analysis, Good Computer and Communication Skills, Knowledge of working with Animal Models in a research setting, Database management
Preferred Field of Expertise: Inflammation and Immunology
Percentage of Time: 100%
Fixed Term? No
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Specialized/technical training
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Fully competent and proficient in the operation of sophisticated scientific equipment and independently able to perform complex procedures and techniques with accuracy
Apply on this job post