Fixed -Term for 12 months. Part-time 60% FTE.
CCMB is a research laboratory located on the Health Sciences Campus of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. CCMB is a part of the Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC.
The laboratory is funded through numerous federal and organization sponsored research grants. Many of these grants are from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, under which basic research is conducted into developmental, biochemical and molecular biological aspects of human development with a special emphasis on craniofacial structures in both health and disease.
Working together, we are advancing oral, dental, and craniofacial research toward solving problems in health and promoting the well-being of society.
USC Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology is looking for a Research Lab Technician II to join the team! The Research Lab Technician II provides general laboratory assistance to support research activities. Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Performs assignments which are non-routine and vary in complexity with minimal direction. Compiles data and computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
- Conducts research experiments in accordance with laboratory and safety protocols. Collects field and/or laboratory measurements and data. Computes results for a variety of research procedures, tests and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records of procedures used to conduct experiments. Uses laboratory/computer equipment to conduct analyses of experiment data. Provides routine interpretations of analyses.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment. Performs or arranges for basic repairs. May alter equipment to meet experiment requirements. Makes recommendations for equipment acquisitions.
- Prepares chemical solutions for experimental use.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous materials in accordance with safety protocols.
- Maintains and organizes laboratory supplies. Monitors inventory levels and orders or secures supplies as needed.
- Maintains research facility in orderly, operable condition. Maintains security and safety of equipment, samples, specimens and data.
- Conducts library research to assist in the planning and design of experiments.
- Learns basic laboratory safety and, if appropriate, basic radiation or blood borne pathogen safety under the direction of the USC Safety Office and more experienced laboratory staff
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Field of Expertise: Bachelor Degree in related field can be substituted for minimum experience requirements. A working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols is also required.
General Laboratory Techniques
Maintenance of Lab Notebook
May oversee student, temporary and/or casual workers.
The hourly rate range for this position is $23.00- $24.23. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.
Apply on this job post