The Scheduler will be the first point of contact for all patients providing a consistent superior customer service experience in accordance with the Center’s mission and vison. This position demonstrates excellent customer services techniques, meets and greets patients; answers patient calls; identifies and clarifies patients’ needs and desires, confirms patient’s identity and eligibility, obtains required signatures from patients, schedule patients for appointments, and answering patient’s questions.
• Acts as the positive “face” of the Health Center as the main point of contact for participants and families
• Support center operations by greeting and checking in patients at the front desk, scheduling appointments, and other front desk functions
• Schedules appointments, confirms patient availability and properly reviews appointment date, time, location, and provider name with caller for accuracy
• Act as an advocate/liaison for patients and the Health Center and continuum of care as appropriate
• Answer telephone promptly and in a polite professional manner. Direct calls to other departments as needed.
• Use sound judgement in handling calls, especially with upset patients. Understanding of when to escalate calls.
• Maintain all delegated worklists (tasks) through the electronic medical record
• Effective, efficient and safe use of equipment.
• Handles patient requests and questions appropriately
• Provides benefit plan and eligibility information to participants, providers, unions, employers and others
• Adheres to the Culinary Health Center and Jayakumar NV PC policies and procedures.
• Perform duties as care coordinator when assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Req High school or equivalent
• Pref 1 year One (1) year working in a customer service (preferably in a medical environment).
• Req Understanding of medical terminology
• Req Ability to interview patients and interface with physicians, nurses and other professional staff.
• Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $17.50 – $27.01. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post