The Scope Processing Technician performs duties related to testing, decontaminating, inspecting, processing (High Level Disinfection) and staging of Endoscopic Scopes and procedure scopes. Process the equipment utilized for the care and treatment of patients. Distribution of medical devices.
- Responsible for decontaminating all Endoscopes & Probes according to manufacturer’s guidelines (IFU).
- Responsible for assembly and delivery of intubation trays.
- Ensures all equipment is covered properly prior to transfer to/from reprocessing area.
- Reprocesses Endoscopes utilizing Automated Endoscopic Reprocessor (AER) Units.
- Perform Chemical Monitoring of the GUS System as per Manual High Level Disinfectant (HLD) Instruction for Use (IFU)
- Ensures the department is clean, maintain, and restock throughout the shift.
- Attends in-service / department meetings.
- Assist and educates new staff to Endoscopy equipment.
- Applies appropriate technique of donning and doffing of Personal Protective Equipment(PPE). And its mandatory use,
- Completes annual skills / competency per hospital policy/ procedure.
- Responsible for accurate documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Provides for own professional growth regarding trends in equipment and high-level disinfection methods through formal and informal continuing education.
- Participates in department Performance Improvement projects.
- Supports continuous and ongoing customer satisfaction through the hospital-wide service excellence standards.
- Complies with all Joint Commission and Hospital standards as they relate to the department.
- Travel to other scope processing departments/areas when necessary to meet organizational needs
- Required to be on-call/standby
- Responsible for updating/providing inventory report to department and/or stakeholders
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req 1 year One (1) year experience in an OR/SPD/GI environment
- Req Knowledge of handling and cleaning of Medical Equipment and related support supplies for patient.
- Pref Specialized/technical training A graduate of a state approved accredited school of Surgical Technology/Sterile Processing Technician preferred.
- Pref 1 year One (1) year of endoscopic scope processing experience preferred.
- Pref Surgical Technologist – CST Surgical Technology/Sterile Processing Technician Certification preferred
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $19.50 – $33.15. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post