The Self Pay Supervisor will be responsible for planning, organizing, assigning and monitoring for the self-pay collectors and Financial Assistance staff. The position will monitor staff productivity and quality of collections efforts build upon the Keck Experience foundation of customer care. The position will oversee investigations and answers to resolve patient billing inquires in a professional and timely fashion an effort to achieve departmental cash goal. The position will ensure all potential collection avenues are utilized The position have a have n excellent knowledge of the Fair Debit Collections Practice Act and all state and federal laws pertaining to self-pay follow-up.
- Monitor staff productivity by routinely reviewing staff stats and conduct QA of their completed work and follow-up and appeal efforts.
- Manage patient issues and concerns with a respectful and leadership tone, actions. Manage phone dialer and all patient interactions.
- Monitor and manage Financial Assistant applications and Program per hospital program. Ensure compliance with all standards.
- Perform ongoing training and hard wire the HFMA Patient Friendly Billing Programs for all guest contacts.
- Shadow collect staff to embody the Keck Experience for all contacts.
- Develop, monitor and update all collections staff procedures and follow-up tools.
- Schedule and lead all staff meetings to ensure effective communication and consistent practices. This should include AR stats, payer issues, payer updates, ongoing education, process and workflow improvements, customer service and service recovery.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req 2 years Experience in a related field.
- Req Must possess strong knowledge of hospital AR management and payer claims and EOB reviews.
- Req Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Req Ability to supervise, organize and multi task and achieve results through others.
- Req Strong interpersonal skills.
- Req Contract knowledge and interpersonal skills.
- Req Must interface with departments of patient concerns and/or charging matters.
- Pref Bachelor’s degree Degree in a related field.
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $60,320.00 – $94,020.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post