The Business Intelligence Developer Senior will work in Keck Medicine IS team to develop and test, implement business intelligence solutions for various Keck Medicine departments. The position will serve as the subject expert as it relates to dashboards. Also, this position will be responsible for identifying and documenting information technology design specifications based on analysis/assessment of user needs and generate need-gap analyses. Also, this role ensuring data integrity, maintaining system security, extracting, analyzing and transforming data. The IT Business Intelligence Developer Senior also understands the functional workflow and processes of the Departments he/she supports and maintains system functionality leverage USC’s various technologies including but not limited to QlikView, Cerner Command Language (CCL) and other applications, Hadoop and RDBMS. Applies learned skills to perform problem resolution across integrated platforms, systems, processes and departments. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Keck Medicine of USC.
- Dashboard: SDLC methodology to develop, test and deploy enterprise dashboards promptly.
- Data Visualization Design: Apply sound user experience design to incorporate visualization in dashboards and reports.
- Training: Trains new staff members on applicable systems/applications. Responsible for working with customer and/or vendors with training on new systems being implemented and rolled out for use in the departments.
- Priority Management: Must work several assignments at one time, manage priorities, deadlines and time. The work is highly technical, requires collaboration across multiple disciplines and groups. The ability to work independently is also required.
- Customer Service: Addresses customer questions, concerns, enhancement requests, communicates with customers, handles services problems and tickets politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedures, utilizes problem solving skills, maintains pleasant and professional image. Customers may include both internal department users, vendors, and peers within IS.
- Reporting: Generate ad-hoc as well as routine reports and data dump for further consumption.
- Business Intelligence: Transform disparate data into meaningful analysis. Provide information that can be used for decision making. Predict outcomes and prescribe appropriate actions.
- Documentation: Prepare documentation related to dashboards and reports (e.g., FRD). Draft a mock-up data visualization before start building dashboard.
- Other Duties and On-Call: Ability to fulfill On-Call requirements and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience in MSSQL development is required.
- 5 years 5 or more years of related experience including data mart design, documentation, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting highly preferred.
- Prior experience with electronic health record data in a complex healthcare environment preferred.
- Prior experience with mandated external reporting requirements for healthcare facilities preferred.
- Good organization skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong customer service focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Requires a maturing level of analytical ability to find solutions to increasingly difficult technical or administrative problems, to determine economic feasibility or options available, and to assess time involved in system changes. Thorough documentation skills are also required
- Must be able to demonstrate experience with database systems and experience with system design, capacity planning, and capacity management
- Requires hands-on expertise with database services.
- Must be able to communicate the impact and solutions of application/system problems in business language
- Requires a professional approach in all situations
- Ability to work any hours to support 24/7 operations
- Must resolve problems entirely by either completing the work or gathering all of the resources needed for ultimate resolution and continuity of problem management
- Availability to travel between Keck Medicine of USC, USC, and other facilities.
- Certification – Job Relevant Appropriate industry certification.
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $110,240.00 – $181,896.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post