The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs a variety of standardized and highly specialized Biochemical, Hematological, Microbiological and Blood Banking analysis in the Clinical Laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results used for the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients. Working with the section supervisors, he/she is a technical resource/specialist and assists in the effective supervision and operation of the section.
In the absence of the supervisor, he/she is the team leader and responsible for the section. On the night shift, in the absence of supervisors, may be in charge of
In the Bone Marrow Transplant Laboratory, the CLS, Sr. works under the direct supervision of the Medical Director and/or Director of Laboratory Services. He/she is responsible for ensuring stem products collected in the hospital and produced in the laboratory meet FACT accreditation and DHS/FDA standards and policies prior to infusion.
The hourly rate range for this position is $46.00 – $76.07. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree and/or equivalent training required for California Clin. Laboratory Science License
• Prior experience to include: specialized and complex analysis, computer experience, quality control, calibration, QC evaluation, inventory control, preventative maintenance, and quality improvement.
• 5 years experience in a hospital laboratory or equivalent.
• Previous experience in a Stem Cell laboratory is a plus.
• Minimum 1 year prior experience to include: specialized and complex analysis, computer experience, quality control, calibration, QC evaluation, inventory control, preventative maintenance, and quality improvement.
• Minimum 1 year experience for CLS license and 2 years for a Limited license.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
Apply on this job post