The Integration Developer Analyst, Senior will work with various Keck Medicine IS teams to develop and test, implement solutions that require a HL7 interface. The position will serve as the subject expert as it relates to interfaces. Also, this position will be responsible for identifying and documenting information technology design specifications based on analysis/assessment of user needs and generate need-gap analyses. In addition, Integration Developer Analyst, Senior is responsible to ensure data integrity, extraction, analyzing and transforming data. The Integration Develop Analyst Senior also understands the functional workflow and processes of the Departments he/she supports and maintains system functionality leveraging USC’s various technologies including but not limited to Cerner Foreign Systems Interface, OpenView, OpenEngine, and Cloverleaf Integration Engine. This role should have attained Level II or higher certificate(s) in either/or Cerner/Cloverleaf certifications. Applies learned skills to perform problem resolution across integrated platforms, systems, processes and departments.
• Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles services problems and tickets politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedures, utilizes problem solving skills, maintains pleasant and professional image. Customers may include both internal department users, vendors, and peers within IS.
• Team Work and Project Management: Helps team leader/manager/director to establish project goals, milestones and procedures, Works on projects throughout the organization, monitors and reports on project task progress, and involved in multiple projects. Manages own work efforts for projects, including manages sub-team and project team. May lead small/medium projects and facilitate team and cross-functional meetings. Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Solution Design and Development: Analyze events, documentation, requirements and needs to design and develop solutions to solve problems and/or meet organization’s needs. Helps formulate scope and objectives. Utilizes critical analytical and problem solving skills to arrive at recommendations and proposes solutions.
• Performance Improvement/Transformation/Innovation: Demonstrates an ongoing understanding of and actively participates in performance improvement activities, identifies and proactively pursues business transformation, uses innovation to enhance/solve current system and business workflow problems. Act as a subject matter expert for department functions in relationship to implementing and managing responsible systems. Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
• Technical Skills and Industry Knowledge: Works independently on complex system activities both project and operational support-related, understands application build, design, and technical infrastructure, maintains knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards (i.e. ITIL). Knowledgeable of industry best practices, conventions and regulations as well as emerging and evolving technologies.
• Reports & Analytics: Ability to generate both standard and ad hoc reports. Ability to design and assist in developing non-standard/custom reports as required.
• Training: Responsible for training new staff members on applicable systems/applications. Responsible for working with customer and/or vendors with training on new systems being implemented and rolled out for use in the departments.
• Other Duties and On-Call: Ability to fulfill On-Call requirements and other duties as assigned.
• High school or equivalent
• Req Bachelor’s degree Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Science, Finance, Business, or related field
• Req 5 years Relevant experience in related field. * IF NO BACHELOR’s DEGREE – Minimum of 9 years’ relevant experience.
• Req 5 years Experience in an IS healthcare setting.
• Req Good organization skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities in a rapidly changing environment.
• Req Strong customer service focus.
• Req Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Pref Familiarity and experience with Cloverleaf Integration Suite: FHIR Bridge, Clinical Bridge, Advanced Security Server, API Gateway, Cerner FSI: OpenEngine, OpenView, Ignite API, FHIR, Languages/Standards: HL7, SQL, CCL, Linux OS, Nutanix Hyper-convergence, HA Cluster environment, HL7Spy, MobaXterm, and/or Ipswitch MoveIT products a plus
• Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $95,680.00 – $158,230.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post