The Revenue Cycle Applications, Sr. Manager is responsible for managing the IS staff as well as the overall operations of the revenue cycle systems utilized by the health system revenue cycle departments including Patient Access and Registration, HIM and Patient Financial Services. The solutions include but are not limited to Cerner RevElate (Soarian Financials), legacy applications MedSeries4 and PBAR, Experian Financial Clearance solutions, Change Healthcare Assurance, 3M HIM/Coding Platform, Visiquate RMA/DMA, and PatientKeeper. This position is responsible for staff supervision and advancement, project delivery, budget development and administration, short and long term planning, strategy and roadmap development, and the overall service delivery for these solutions. The Revenue Cycle Applications, Sr. Manager brings specific technical expertise and experience to the functions s(he) has oversight for and appropriately guides the strategic direction of the technologies in use, leads the review of potential new solutions for implementation, and works closely with internal customers, community partners, vendors and contractors to deliver advanced software solutions that meet the customers’ ongoing needs and requirements. This position will be accountable to exhibit a clear understanding of the changing technology landscape specific to revenue cycle and related applications whether it be driven by regulatory requirements or new innovations to bring efficiencies and scalability. The Sr. Manager should possess strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, project management experience, excellent communication skills and a strong drive for collaboration.
- Resource Management: Manages a team of IT professionals who are focused on the delivery and support of revenue cycle and administrative applications for the enterprise. Sets priorities for the team in order to achieve department goals and objectives. Recruits, screens, hire and trains staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to direct reports. Counsels, disciplines and/or terminates employees as required. Develops, controls and monitors department budget.
- Performance Improvement/Transformation/Innovation: Demonstrates an ongoing understanding of and actively participates in performance improvement activities, identifies and proactively pursues business transformation, uses innovation to enhance/solve current system and business workflow problems. Act as a subject matter expert for department functions in relationship to implementing and managing responsible systems.
- Solution Design and Development: Provides specific technical expertise for revenue cycle applications and functions. Analyze events, documentation, requirements and needs to design and develop solutions to solve problems and/or meet the organization’s needs from a strategic standpoint. Helps formulate scope and objectives. Utilizes critical analytical and problem-solving skills to arrive at recommendations and proposes solutions. In coordination with direct management, plans for future strategy and optimization of the revenue cycle applications used by the enterprise.
- Technical Skills and Industry Knowledge: Works independently as well as collaboratively with others on complex system activities both project and operational support-related, understands application build, design, and technical infrastructure, maintains knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards. Knowledgeable of industry best practices, conventions and regulations as well as emerging and evolving technologies.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles services problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedures, utilizes problem solving skills, maintains pleasant and professional image. Customers may include both internal department users and peers within IS.
- Team Work and Project Management: Manages daily operations of the department as well as the delivery/deployment of complex projects. Lends technical assistance to other partners as needed. Resolves problems referred by staff. Helps upper leadership to establish project goals, milestones and procedures, Works on projects throughout the organization, monitors and reports on project task progress, and involved in multiple projects. Manages own work efforts for projects. Manages sub-teams, project team, etc.
- Vendor Management: Manages relationships with vendors who provide and service the applications, holds vendors accountable per contract agreement, reviews and negotiates contract language and fees ensuring protection of solution and service for the enterprise, follows internal contracting processes to complete contract execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Req Bachelor’s degree
- Req 7 years Management experience leading IS revenue cycle and financial/administrative/business applications teams in the healthcare.
- Req With healthcare revenue cycle applications such as Cerner Soarian Financials, Change Healthcare Assurance, 3M 360 Encompass Suite, Visiquate RMA/DMA.
- Req Core understanding of the revenue cycle functions in healthcare.
- Req Knowledge and experience implementing complex IT solutions in healthcare on an enterprise scale.
- Req Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to interface with management and leadership level individuals/groups.
- Req Ability to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate judgment in time sensitive or high-pressure pressure situations. Ability to provide guidance to team member in these particular situations.
- Req Excellent organizational, people, and critical thinking skills.
- Req Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently on strategic planning activities. Provides input and guidance to leadership on strategy specific to revenue cycle systems and related applications.
- Req Strong ability to manage, mentor and development direct reports.
- Pref Master’s degree In business administration, healthcare management or technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $133,120.00 – $219,648.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post