The Service Desk Agent, Lead is responsible for supporting inbound tickets and phone calls to clients and triage needs to higher level engineers as required. This role will provide all level of support, including level 1 and 2 escalations for workstations, servers, virtualization, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. This position is also responsible for supporting the end user community at the Keck Medicine of USC hospitals and clinic locations. This position will provide support for all users experiencing problems with the clinical application software suite, various operating systems, business productivity software, network and wifi connectivity and other computer related technology. Duties include end user support, quickly analyze & diagnose application/system issues, creating & updating user accounts in Active Directory & other systems, performs software installs, PC maintenance and maintain communication for planned & unplanned outages.
- Lead team of technicians in responding to end user interactions (calls, emails, self service tickets, etc.).
- Identify common issues and escalating, recommending alternatives or changes to business process, training materials, knowledge bases, or job aids to reduce the impact. Establish best practices through the entire technical support process.
- Work closely with internal and external support teams to create workflows that enhance and streamline the customer support experience.
- Ensure that all support processes are documented and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quickly analyze, diagnose and resolve user support issues. Research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Creating and updating tickets via Footprints ticketing system according to specified priority levels. Follows USC Health Sciences IT problem and ticket tracking procedures.
- Provides User Account provisioning services, as required by creating and updating user accounts via Active Directory
- Install software via Active Directory or System Center Configuration Management (SCCM). Provide remote support via GoToAssist, and SCCM.
- Provide basic in-house training to Microsoft application suite; Setup and configuring email for multi-platform mobile devices.
- Assists in the acquisition and installation of personal computers, servers, software, peripheral devices and other necessary equipment.
- Works collaboratively with other USC Health Sciences IT team members to resolve system problems in a timely fashion.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance to USC Health Sciences Campus end users, as required.
- Escalate priority and unresolved issues to leadership in order to resolve quickly and efficiently.
- Provide superior customer service, training and support to USC Health Sciences Campus end users, as required.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve processes to USC Health Science’s IT Client Services Team.
- Adhere to USC Health Science’s IT processes and practices.
- Ability to assist with training, documenting and provide guidance to IT staff as needed & oversight for global tickets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent
- 5 years 5 to 7 years’ IT experience.
- 5 years Experience in Desktop and/or Service Desk Support.
- Deep understanding of help desk processes.
- Must have strong functional knowledge; take ownership of skills, knowledge, and relationships needed to perform the job.
- Must be responsible for making sure that all calls for assistance are document via a ticketing system, and are addressed by the team or escalated within established timeframes.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service, written & verbal communication skills.
- Triage, track & monitor ticket progress per required SLA & follow escalation procedures.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn quickly and adapt to new & changing environments along with the willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in a team setting as needed and follow-up towards the successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Associate’s degree in a related field.
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.00 – $39.69. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post