The Service Desk Analyst gathers, interpret, and uses complex data to recommend actionable steps that will improve processes and optimize results for the IT Service Delivery Department. This role works in collaboration with leadership to understand IT objectives and goals to align with the organization vision. The Analyst must stay current with best practices regarding IT standards, guidelines, and help implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way. Primary skills will include, analyzing data using advanced skills in data gathering, root cause analysis, and other techniques to leverage information from technology systems to explain activity and solve business problems. An essential aspect of this position is to take substantial quantities of data and analytic results and condense them into a coherent story with clear, easy-to-follow conclusions. The results, informed by knowledge of the business, will be used to make actionable recommendations. This position requires a quantitative aptitude, a broad understanding of math, statistics, business, hands-on data analysis, and strategic thinking skills. The analyst will recommend processes to automate reporting functions, define and create new metrics, and report layouts with the best visual aids to be reviewed by senior leaders and colleagues. This role will contribute significantly to enhancing the efficiency of the entire I.S. Organization. The IT Analyst functions as a direct report to the Supervisor, Service Delivery for Client Services.
- Analyze performance of Keck IT activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify and analyze data metrics on behaviors and activity trend.
- Provide clear and concise statistical reporting.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations based on trends and make recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of Knowledge Management for efficiency of issue resolution.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Work with on-site and remote teams collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- On-call duties required as needed.
- Eighty percent remote work with expectations to be on-site as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree Information System Management – Network Management Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business, or related field
- Associate Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business, or equivalent experience
- 2 years IT or related experience
- Experience with reporting and ticketing tools (ServiceNow, advanced Excel, SQL, dashboarding/reporting/visualization platform)
- Demonstrated knowledge of report evaluation and analytics
- Proven experience in implementing and supporting service-oriented tools
- Proven experience in service-related concepts, practices and procedures including ITIL methodologies
- Must demonstrate excellent written/spoken and communication skills
- Analytical expertise to ensure quality and accuracy of data, process, design, and presentation
- Ability to design and recommend escalation policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service Level Agreements and Service Delivery deliverables
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration
- Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $29.00 – $45.20. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post