The Clinical Social Worker (MSW) is responsible for assessment, treatment planning and provision of social work services to patients, families, groups and the interdisciplinary team.
- Psychosocial Assessment – to be completed in a timely manner, using theoretical knowledge of human behavior, psychosocial factors having an impact on treatment outcome and an understanding of potential ethical/risk issues.
- Clinical intervention – to include supportive counseling with patients and families, linkage and referral to community agencies and services, facilitating family conferences, helping families to cope with difficult decisions, i.e. hospice, DNR, placement. Assist families with communicating their concerns to the patient’s physicians. Work collaboratively with Case Managers on discharge planning issues.
- Triage/ Management of clinical caseload – demonstrate the ability to identify high risk situations, effectively manage caseload, and balance referrals, high risk admissions and ongoing patient care, requesting assistance from colleagues or manager as needed.
- Legal and ethical standards – to be incorporated into all clinical assessments and interventions, i.e. suspected abuse or neglect, Tarasoff duty to warn, conservatorship, patient rights. Employee must adhere to all Tenet Policies, Procedure and Practices in the area of Social Services.
- Documentation – to be completed per policy i.e. Interdisciplinary Plan of Care, Education Form, Advance Health Care Directive follow up form and Social Services Progress Notes.
- In service – given to other hospital staff regarding the psychosocial issues of patient care.
- Social Service reports– to be provided in a timely manner, i.e. PAS numbers, Case assignment by SW, Absence Approval requests, etc.
- Quality Improvement – participates in the development, monitoring and analysis of process and outcome indicators for the improvement of patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req Master’s degree Degree in Social Work/Social Welfare from an accredited graduate school of social work.
- Req 1 year Experience in a medical setting.
- Req Excellent analytical, problem-solving, planning and evaluation skills.
- Req Demonstrates ability to effectively work with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Req Able to function independently and as a member of a team.
- Req Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Req Committed to excellence in patient care and customer service.
- Req Social perceptiveness and empathy.
- Req Knowledge of social theories and practices.
- Req Associate Clinical Social Worker – ASW (CA DCA) Registered as Associate Clinical Social Worker within 30 days of hire, will maintain Associate Clinical Social Worker license or higher (LCSW) for the State of California.
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $68,640.00 – $112,370.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post